E-Prime® Extensions for Tobii Pro
The latest E-Prime Extensions for Tobii Pro 3.2 combines the power of E-Prime with Tobii Pro eye trackers and Tobii Pro Lab. A simplified 2 in 1 solution enables running sophisticated eye tracking experiments using E-Prime’s powerful experimental design and stimulus presentation features while processing the raw gaze data in Pro Lab.
Extending research possibilities
E-Prime 3 and E-Prime Extensions for Tobii Pro 3.2 can be used in two ways with our products.
In combination with:
- our screen-based Tobii Pro eye trackers for recording raw eye tracking data with E-Prime
- Tobii Pro Lab (version 1.111 or higher) which offers a simplified 2 in 1 solution for recording raw eye tracking data with Pro Lab and the possibility to replay and visualize gaze data, apply fixation filters and calculate meaningful AOI gaze data metrics.
Simplified 2 in 1 solution
Pro Lab and E-Prime Extensions 3.2 together offer a simplified solution to combine Pro Lab and E-Prime from PST.
The 2 in 1 solution enables researchers to process the raw gaze data in Pro Lab with dedicated gaze data analysis tools while using E-Prime’s powerful design and stimulus presentation features for the creation of sophisticated eye tracking experiments (including gaze-contingency).
Among other things, E-Prime features programmable experiments, precise stimulus timing, and integration with various data sources, such as response boxes and EEG devices. E-Prime Extensions is intended for research use only.
Seamless E-Prime® integration
- Simplified setup: one-computer solution running both Pro Lab and E-Prime without timing constraints (two-computer solution optional)
- New External presenter project type in Pro Lab enables recording of the E-Prime stimulus presentation and eye tracking data
- Stimulus onset events and media files containing AOIs and associated tags are transferred from E-Prime to Pro Lab and automatically generated in Pro Lab
- Transfer of response and custom events that can be used for Times of Interest (TOI) creation
- Replay stimulus presentation sessions with gaze data in Pro Lab
- Apply fixation filters to raw data
- Create visualizations of the recorded gaze data and calculate meaningful gaze data metrics in Pro Lab
- Complete of all communication with Pro Lab from E-Prime directly:
- Perform calibration (regular, manual, infant)
- Start and stop recording
- Send media files with specified AOIs and Tags
- Send stimulus and response events
- Send custom events for Times of Interest (TOI) creation
- Auto-detect Tobii Pro eye tracker within E-Prime
- Give feedback based on gaze behaviors
- Create interactive and passive eye tracking paradigms with gaze-contingent functionalities
Comprehensive software package
E-Prime and E-Prime Extensions (EET) can be purchased through our team. The E-Prime Extensions software package includes:
- E-Prime Extensions
- A library of sample paradigms for learning and paradigm adaptation
- E-Prime support and Tobii Pro hardware support.
E-Prime Extensions for Tobii Pro 3.2 is a free update for E-Prime Extensions for Tobii Pro 3.x users.
If you are not a user of E-Prime Extensions for Tobii Pro 3.x, please contact our team.
For E-Prime and E-Prime Extensions system requirements, please refer to Psychology Software Tools, Inc.
For one-computer setup, running E-Prime 3 with E-Prime Extensions 3.2 and Pro Lab on the same computer, and Pro Lab requirements in two-computer setups, please contact us for more information.
Tobii Pro software
Tobii Pro eye tracker
Tobii Pro Lab
Tobii Pro Spectrum, Tobii Pro Fusion, X3-120 (EPU), X2-60, TX300
Tobii Pro Lab
Tobii Pro Spectrum, X3-120 (EPU), X2-60, TX300
Tobii Pro Studio 3.4.8
Tobii Pro X3-120 (EPU), X2-60, TX300, T60, T120, X60, X120, T60XL
Tobii Pro Studio 3.1.0 to 3.4.8
Tobii Pro X3-120 (EPU and specific EET Patch), X2-60, TX300, T60, T120, X60, X120, T60XL
Tobii Pro Studio 2.3 to 3.0**
Tobii Pro T60, T120, X60, X120, T60XL, TX300 and X2-60**
Tobii Pro Studio 2.0
Tobii Pro 1750, X50, 2150, T60, T120, X60, X120, T60XL, TX300
Software designed for behavioral research. It supports you through all phases of your study, making it easy to design, inspect, and analyze your work.
Screen-based eye tracker for behavioral research. Used in studying eye movements such as saccades, micro-saccades, while allowing for natural head movement.
Tobii Pro helps you get started with online training. After taking one of our courses you will learn how to install and operate your eye-tracking system.