E-Prime® Extensions for Tobii Pro
The latest E-Prime Extensions for Tobii Pro 3.2 combines the power of E-Prime with Tobii Pro eye trackers and Tobii Pro Lab. A simplified 2 in 1 solution enables running sophisticated eye tracking experiments using E-Prime’s powerful experimental design and stimulus presentation features while processing the raw gaze data in Pro Lab.
Extending research possibilities
E-Prime 3 and E-Prime Extensions for Tobii Pro 3.2 can be used in two ways with our products.
In combination with:
- our screen-based Tobii Pro eye trackers for recording raw eye tracking data with E-Prime
- Tobii Pro Lab (version 1.111 or higher) which offers a simplified 2 in 1 solution for recording raw eye tracking data with Pro Lab and the possibility to replay and visualize gaze data, apply fixation filters and calculate meaningful AOI gaze data metrics.
Simplified 2 in 1 solution
Pro Lab and E-Prime Extensions 3.2 together offer a simplified solution to combine Pro Lab and E-Prime from PST.
The 2 in 1 solution enables researchers to process the raw gaze data in Pro Lab with dedicated gaze data analysis tools while using E-Prime’s powerful design and stimulus presentation features for the creation of sophisticated eye tracking experiments (including gaze-contingency).
Among other things, E-Prime features programmable experiments, precise stimulus timing, and integration with various data sources, such as response boxes and EEG devices. E-Prime Extensions is intended for research use only.
Seamless E-Prime® integration
- Simplified setup: one-computer solution running both Pro Lab and E-Prime without timing constraints (two-computer solution optional)
- New External presenter project type in Pro Lab enables recording of the E-Prime stimulus presentation and eye tracking data
- Stimulus onset events and media files containing AOIs and associated tags are transferred from E-Prime to Pro Lab and automatically generated in Pro Lab
- Transfer of response and custom events that can be used for Times of Interest (TOI) creation
- Replay stimulus presentation sessions with gaze data in Pro Lab
- Apply fixation filters to raw data
- Create visualizations of the recorded gaze data and calculate meaningful gaze data metrics in Pro Lab
- Complete of all communication with Pro Lab from E-Prime directly:
- Perform calibration (regular, manual, infant)
- Start and stop recording
- Send media files with specified AOIs and Tags
- Send stimulus and response events
- Send custom events for Times of Interest (TOI) creation
- Auto-detect Tobii Pro eye tracker within E-Prime
- Give feedback based on gaze behaviors
- Create interactive and passive eye tracking paradigms with gaze-contingent functionalities
Comprehensive software package
E-Prime and E-Prime Extensions (EET) can be purchased through our team. The E-Prime Extensions software package includes:
- E-Prime Extensions
- A library of sample paradigms for learning and paradigm adaptation
- E-Prime support and Tobii Pro hardware support.
E-Prime Extensions for Tobii Pro 3.2 is a free update for E-Prime Extensions for Tobii Pro 3.x users.
If you are not a user of E-Prime Extensions for Tobii Pro 3.x, please contact our team.
For E-Prime and E-Prime Extensions system requirements, please refer to Psychology Software Tools, Inc.
For one-computer setup, running E-Prime 3 with E-Prime Extensions 3.2 and Pro Lab on the same computer, and Pro Lab requirements in two-computer setups, please contact us for more information.
Tobii Pro software
Tobii Pro eye tracker
Tobii Pro Lab
Tobii Pro Spectrum, Tobii Pro Fusion, X3-120 (EPU), X2-60, TX300
Tobii Pro Lab
Tobii Pro Spectrum, X3-120 (EPU), X2-60, TX300
Tobii Pro Studio 3.4.8
Tobii Pro X3-120 (EPU), X2-60, TX300, T60, T120, X60, X120, T60XL
Tobii Pro Studio 3.1.0 to 3.4.8
Tobii Pro X3-120 (EPU and specific EET Patch), X2-60, TX300, T60, T120, X60, X120, T60XL
Tobii Pro Studio 2.3 to 3.0**
Tobii Pro T60, T120, X60, X120, T60XL, TX300 and X2-60**
Tobii Pro Studio 2.0
Tobii Pro 1750, X50, 2150, T60, T120, X60, X120, T60XL, TX300